Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Life as we know it

  Well, life has certainly been busy since little G came into our lives!  It's suddenly much harder getting out the door, doing laundry, paying bills, blogging or even getting myself ready.  Numerous times I've run out the door already late and then discovered on my way to an errand or play date that I've completely forgotten to brush my hair (or teeth for that matter)!  Even now, I'm wearing a sweatshirt that has been spit up on at least four times today and I've not changed it (although I remember every once in awhile when I turn my head and whiff a sour smell)!
   Big sister, E, has been a great help during the day, and aside from the constant meltdowns whenever she is asked to dress herself, has been happy and kind.  We stopped forcing food down her (making mealtimes last over an hour), moved toys into her bedroom for "quiet time" so she would stop picking her face out of boredom, and gave her a flashlight at night to help with the loss of her paci.  She has really been doing great with all the changes happening around here.
  As for little G, he's just the cutest thing you ever saw!
Smiles!

He is a constant smiler and laugher!  He loves his big sister and is always on the lookout for her.  Good thing she's not too hard to find with all her loud singing and dancing about!

  Little G's thrush is totally gone but he is still allergic to dairy so I've been diligent at cutting it out of my diet.  Still getting a ton of spit up, but it doesn't seem to bother him.  He's 4 months now and still not sleeping well in the night.  He's doing about 4-5 hour sleeps...I've got to get him sleeping through the night soon.  Being off caffeine doesn't help ;)  We've tried to resume an active week with almost every day accounted for: Monday is workout day at the gym, Tuesday is prayer group in the morning, Wednesday is ballet, Thursday is library play group and Friday is now trying to be park day with friends.  We are making it - I may be late everywhere I go and I may have unshaven legs, but E's getting out and about with friends and that makes my days much easier!
Cherry blossom season

Japanese roller slides are the best!

We took a short trip to the Naritasan temple to see some cherry blossoms this year

lunch at daddy's office

Civic Center park

breakfast smiles

What happens when I leave Dad and E alone for too long

weirdos

E and C under the cherry blossoms

E and C at Comprehensive Park

A zoo play date

E and N watching a dancing robot at the zoo

  We've been making tons of new friends and it has been such a blessing to E and I.  I feel like God is taking care of me emotionally here (so far from what I know) through a great group of moms and dads that I get to see each day.  We are so lucky to have such incredible people around us.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment